This class builds the fundamental pistol skills to be successful in defensive pistol use. Accuracy and speed are the emphasis for this class. We are combining precision pistolcraft, mastery from the holster, and spaccuracy into one eight hour class.
This class covers:
- Firearms safety for real life
- Speed unholstering
- Balancing speed and precision through strings of fire
- Locking the pistol in to nearly eliminate recoil
- Efficient drawing techniques for distant targets
- Techniques in sight tracking
- Managing stress effectively
- Functional accuracy
- Operator pistol standards
- And much more.
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection (electronic recommended not required)
- Defensive pistol
- 500 rounds of pistol ammunition
- 3 pistol magazines minimum or speed loaders
- 2 magazine pouches
- Quality OWB pistol holster (Pistol must be secure within holster and holster must be secure on belt)
- Rigid mounting system for holsters. (Belt, War belt)We will be eating lunch on site so please bring food and snacks as well as drinks.
We highly recommend bringing the following:
- Bug repellent
- Sun block
- Appropriate clothing and footwear (No open toe shoes or V neck shirts)
- Rain gear depending on weather
- No shoulder rigs
- No cross draw holsters
- No inside the waistband holsters
- All holsters subject to instructor approval
A student has up to 8 days before a class to reschedule to take the same class. A voucher will be given to attend the same class at a later date. If a student cancels within 7 days of class start no refund or voucher will be given.
A private range within 30 minutes of Crown Point and Valpo. Location will be sent to attendees before the class.
Sand Burr Gun Ranch
2111 E. 350 N. Rochester, Indiana 46975
Start time and date: