This class is built for the novice to experienced shooter. Have you carried a gun for years and are ready to take the next step? Tired of sitting on a bench and never getting to push your abilities? Ready to start working from the holster and not from the table? Want to try competition but you’ve only shot indoors in a bay? This class builds the fundamental pistol skills to be successful in defensive pistol use.
This class covers:
- Perfection in muzzle awareness
- Firearms safety for real life
- Proper body mechanics for pistol use
- How to safely and efficiently holster and unholster a pistol
- Managing stress effectively during an armed encounter
- Recoil control
- Sight alignment
- Indiana law
- Trigger control
- Weapon Retention
- Single hand shooting
- And much more!
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection (electronic recommended not required)
- Defensive pistol
- 400 rounds of pistol ammunition
- 3 pistol magazines minimum or speed loaders
- 2 magazine pouches
- Quality OWB pistol holster (Pistol must be secure within holster and holster must be secure on belt)
- Rigid mounting system for holsters. (Belt, War belt)
We will be eating lunch on site so please bring food and snacks as well as drinks.
We highly recommend bringing the following:
- Bug repellent
- Sun block
- Appropriate clothing and footwear (No open toe shoes or V neck shirts)
- Holster must remain open without pistol inside
- No shoulder rigs
- No cross draw holsters
- No inside the waistband holsters
- All holsters subject to instructor approval
A student has up to 8 days before a class to reschedule to take the same class. A voucher will be given to attend the same class at a later date. If a student cancels within 7 days of class start no refund or voucher will be given.
A private range within 30 minutes of Crown Point and Valpo. Location will be sent to attendees before the class.
Class starts at 0900 Central, no matter what range we are on.